Fair HQ is an early stage start-up backed by a prominent London VC. We've launched a private beta of our tech platform, which is designed to help companies embed Diversity and Inclusion across their business with the help of data-driven insights & scientific evidence.
We exist because the world we’re living in today is not (yet) fair — someone's background & identity still influence how they're able to navigate the world of work. We're here to change that. Join us on our mission to create a truly meritocratic society. We're Fair (it's in the name!) — we don't judge you on your background, but on your passion, skills and experience.
About the role
As our product designer, you will help us evolve our product vision and user experience. You will act as a user advocate, helping us to uncover customer needs and create simple & elegant solutions.
You'll be working closely with our Founder & CEO Kate, who currently leads the product, with Bibi who's leading our scientific vision, and of course our development team - our CTO Tracy, David on Frontend and Allan on Backend. You will also have your very own design advisor - Majo, who has helped us build the Fair HQ product, brand and design system up to this point.
We are a fully remote team — your day will be a mix of Zoom calls, focused time working independently, and shared collaboration using online tools. That said, get ready for team retreats in exciting locations around Europe and the US.
What will help you do the job well
- A passion for improving diversity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond
- Having an enthusiasm for identifying and understanding customers' needs
- Being able to skilfully dive into complex problems and come up with simple and elegant solutions
- Broad experience of the UX & Interaction design process (from user research, ideation, creating and testing prototypes, delivering final design to applying a design system)
- Experience with designing user experiences for B2B SaaS platforms
- The ability to evolve our current design system
IMPORTANT: please apply even if you don't have experience of all of the above. We're happy for you to learn on the job.
What you'll do at Fair HQ
- Gaining in depth understanding of our customers, their needs, our current product and most importantly, the science & philosophy behind it.
- Continuing to develop our product vision with the Fair HQ founding team and our early customers
- Proactively conducting user research, communicating insights back to the team and translating your findings into the product
- Suggesting new solutions and improvements to the product & user experience
- Creating prototypes and testing them with our current & potential customers
- Applying our brand, visuals and design system within our product & services
- Working closely with our dev team on defining, estimating and implementing product features
- Measuring the impact of implemented solutions in the product - using qualitative and quantitative methods (with the help of the data engineering, dev & behavioural science teams)
- Presenting your work and articulating your approach to teammates, customers and other stakeholders, such as investors
- Helping us evolve the user experience on our website
Here are some of the exciting challenges ahead of us, where you can also make a difference
- Help us build and mentor diverse design team
- Build framework for inclusive product design
- Continue evolving our product vision and help us cross the chasm from early adopters to early majority
- Find creative ways how we can deliver impact to our customers through our product, content and otherwise
- Start an Inclusive product design community and teach designers outside of our company how to design inclusive tech products
What do we offer?
- 💸 Salary is £35,000-50,000/year
- ⭐️ Get a piece of the company success you help to create in employee stock options
- 🏝 Unlimited holidays
- 🤓 Personal development plan: access to tools, books, people
- 🍝 Lunch & learns
- 🌆 Team retreats in cool locations (once we can travel again!)
- 🩺 Private health insurance
- 🎁 Some surprise presents throughout the year
- 💪 Other tailored benefits to your needs
- 💻 The tech and support you need for a great work set-up. We're a remote team, and you'll have access to the right gear to supercharge your work